So im 8 days late for my period, and im not on birth control, weve used the ever so not reliable pull out method, what are the chances im pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Health

• I would say you could be, however, sometimes if you stress over being preg you can actually trick your body into thinking it is. I would take a home test.
    dolphinkisses

Answer by dolphinkisses at 2:13 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• The pullout method is actually contraceptive. Pre-ejaculate doens't always contain sperm and when it does it doesn't always contain enough to reach an egg. Ever heard teh saying "it only takes one"? Not true. The vaginal walls are acidic and kill sperm, so one lonely sperm is REALLY not likely to make the journey, lol.

If he has ejaculated inside you or if his semen has come into contact with your vulva then it's more likely.

I'd say the chances you're pregnant are moderate. The reason pullout isn't effective is because people don't use it right. They pull out too late, they ejaculate onto the vulva or they ejaculate a small amout of semen without knowing it (my husband does that sometimes).

I'd test, but don't freak out either.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:16 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Eight days late? If your periods are indeed regular and you are positively late, your chances are better than even that you ARE indeed pregnant.

That's all anyone here can tell yu. Test in the AM.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:25 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Withdrawal has (I think) a 60% success rate, so there is a 40% chance that you are pregnant

Answer by rkoloms at 6:32 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I used the "pull and pray" method for 2 years. The 1st 13 months I didn't have a period because I was breast feeding my dd, then when she was 26 months I got pregnant. We never once had an "oops" my dh pulled out every time. So I can say the method may have worked for about a year. Anyway if you are that late I would take a test, are you having any other symptoms? tender breasts? fatigue? upset stomach?

Bjoycassell

Answer by Bjoycassell at 7:18 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• pee on the keyboard and i will let you know
    psychmama

Answer by psychmama at 8:36 AM on Sep. 27, 2009