i feel like my dd doesnt love me!!

does anyone else have a problem with this? my dd is 4 and she ALWAYS wants to stay with her mammaw and pappaw, she just recently went camping with them for 3 days and when she came home she didnt even act excited to see me, she just went to her daddy and i felt so left out, then just after she came back, she asked to go back!!
they dont disapline her at all, and they give her everything she wants. she has a good home life i mean she is disaplined, but not to an extreme, she gets spoiled to death. i just dont understand it. i love her so much and i feel like she hates me, and i have to competer with her grandparents!

someone help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Grandparents do have a way of doing that....Heck my 9 year old just got back from grandmas for a week and every day she asks if she can go back. It makes me feel bad too. But she only gets to see her maybe 3 times a year.
    dolphinkisses

Answer by dolphinkisses at 2:17 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• well my dd gets to see her grandparents ALL the time. i just feel like im not a good mommy to her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• First, you do need to ask them to have rules and discipline. There's a grandparent spoiling a child, and there's undermining a parent's authority, and not doing the child any favors by not teaching them boundaries and enforcing them.

Second, at this age, it's not all that uncommon for little girls to go through this phase of being more of a "Daddy's girl" than a "Mommy's girl". It's like their Daddy's are their heroes, their first crush, you name it, all rolled into one (lol - how many times have you heard a little girl say "when I grow up I'm going to marry Daddy"). It's a very normal thing - just try to not let it get to you too much, they do outgrow it :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:28 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• It is really great for everyone when kids have grandparents they can spend time with. Try not to think of it as your little girl not loving you. Be glad she has grandparents she loves and that they love her and spend so much time with her. She has enough love for you and her grandparents. Sometimes it just feels like she loves them more because she is so little she doesn't know how to protect your feelings.

I have a 12 month old grandson. He and his parents lived with me half his life and now he and his parents live in an apartment in the same city. His mother works and he spends several afternoons a week with me.

He gets really excited about seeing me and jumps from my son's arms to me. I have a pool and he loves to swim. When he is over I usually give him 100% attention. My son is glad he can leave the baby with me and know he is happy.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:47 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• My first daughter had a tendency of favoring daddy over mommy, we put an end to this by not allowing it. So for example, when she gets home from grandparents, she greets daddy first, then daddy needs to say, well what about mommy, go say hi to mommy. Now I have another daughter she is three, my first is now 14, we do not play favorites, infact when we ask who is your favorite (Mommy, daddy, or sissy) the answer is and always should be, "Mommy, Daddy, AND Sissy". In our house we now teach everyone is equally the same.
    TheFriskyKitty

Answer by TheFriskyKitty at 2:29 PM on Sep. 27, 2009