Breakfeast...

Hi, I was wanting to know of any kinda healthy breakfest ideas. Im trying to cook healthier, the only problem is breakfest. (cereal everyday gets kinda old). My husband, is kinda a picky eater. and he will not touch anything with eggs in it. I have even suggested that i could make omlets and he could do as my mom and eat whats inside instead of the egg. I'm not so sure, and i want to prmote a healthy family lifestyle so if you have any tips they would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!

KaeliM

Asked by KaeliM at 2:57 AM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Food & Drink

• banana and yogurt or oatmeal.
    dolphinkisses

Answer by dolphinkisses at 2:58 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• You could do whole grain pancakes, with turkey sausage or bacon, or muffins, an use pumpkin puree or applesauce in place of the fat in the recipe.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:14 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Oatmeal (the kind you cook, not the sugary instant stuff that has had most of the nutrients processed out.

Quinoa is a whole grain that is loaded with proten and fiber and is the only plant-based food with a complete chain of amino acids

Breakfast Quinoa
    NOTE: Quinoa must be rinsed extremely well or it will be bitter
    Cook 1 cup of quinoa in 1 cup of water and one cup of apple juice. Chill. Dice 2 small or 1 large apple small dice and add, add raisins and/or dried cranberries and walnuts or pecans- i just add them until it looks like enough, maybe 1/2 cup of each? Stir in vanilla yogurt to coat and make it bind together about 1- 1 1/2 cups. serve cold.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:56 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• OATMEAL BLUEBERRY PANCAKES
    1/2 cup whole wheat flour (i use whole wheat pastry flour)
    1/2 cup all-purpose flour (i use whole wheat pastry flour)
    2 tablespoons brown sugar
    2 tablespoons baking powder
    3/4 teaspoon salt
    1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
    2 cups milk (plant or animal)
    3 eggs, beaten (or egg substitute)
    1/4 cup olive oil (I think that olive oil is too heavy; I use softened butter)
    1/2 cup frozen blueberries
    Preheat a lightly oiled griddle over medium heat. In a large bowl, mix whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt.
    In a small bowl, mix oats and milk. Whisk in eggs and olive oil. Pour into the flour mixture all at once. Continue mixing until smooth. Gently fold in blueberries.
    Pour batter about 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared griddle. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, until bubbly. Flip, and continue cooking until lightly browned.

• smoothies are easy! i make one for my SO every morning. I'm also a big fan of turkey sausage and turkey bacon-- lower in fat and salt.

daniellecooks.wordpress.com

All kinds of healthiness going on there.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:01 AM on Sep. 27, 2009