What solids do you pack for a 12 month old at daycare?

My DS just turned one and is going to start daycare next week for the first time. I'm just curious as to what solids other 12 month olds are eating at day care.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 AM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I work at a day care with 12-18 mo olds. We have four 12 and 13 m.o.'s in my class, so I can help a little. One of the little girls always gets pasta and fruit, usually Annie's mac n cheese, berries, and canteloupe. Another little girl gets cut up canteloupe, smiley shaped fries, vegetarian meat balls, a slice of cheese, and some sort of veggie puff snack. One of my boys gets pasta, sometimes with red sauce, sometimes mac n cheese, shredded cheese, and cheerios. Another one of my boys gets cut up canteloupe and watermelon, pasta (with red sauce or cheese), and cut up chicken.

Really, whatever you feed the little one at home! Any kind of pasta, fruit, or PB on bread is always a hit in my class. Just send in left overs from the night before. Yogurt is another favorite in my class. HTH!
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 7:37 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• everything that they can chew. It will be cut into little peices so they can pick it up and eat it. I work in a child care center. They can start eatting that food before they turn 1. Usually when the parents start @ home, we are allowed to start on the soft foods. My daughter now 7 was on 100% table food @ 5months old, she refused any baby food. So I mashed and chopped up everything very small. She also already had 4teeth by than.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 8:52 AM on Sep. 27, 2009