Not looking for a diet, more of a lifestyle change!

Ok so I am past sick of the shape I am in. I am 5'5 and before pregnancy I was about 170lbs. Granted I was overweight according to the BMI calculators but I was happy with the shape I was in. So I ended up getting pregnant and when I was 9mos prego ready to have our DD I was 230lbs. Now 2 years later I am up to 245. I dont feel like I am as big as I really am. Totally crazy I know. Anyways I am so over looking like this! I know you have to really want to change in order for it to work and im finally to that point. I did weight watchers and lost weight but it came back. I want to change how I eat all together. I am a picky eater though, I used to be a vegetarian so i dont eat much meat now, ill eat chicken and like hamburger like meatballs, hamburgers, stuff like that Thats it. I love fruit and veggies and carbs. Any suggestions? Also any ideas of exercises that will really benefit me that I can just add into my day? Thanks :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 AM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Health

• Weight watchers works as a lifestyle change, too...but you have to commit to it.

I'd look into seeing a nutritionist. You can probably get that through your insurance.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:35 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I just recommended the DASH diet to someone else. It is supposed to be a plan for eating rather than a "diet". I lost 50 pounds following the reduced calorie DASH diet. Go to google and type in DASH diet. It's good for your heart and overall health.

Swimming is great exercise you have a pool you can go to. Running and walking can be bad on your joints and if you don't already have problems with your knees and feet you may cause problems. I'm 53 so I'm not making fun of your age.

You could get an exercise bike cheap at a yard sale or thrift shop and ride while you watch tv.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:16 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I would start with simple changes.
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:29 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Weight watchers is good bc it isn't restrictive and doesn't make you miserable. You can kick start a weight watchers type program with a juice cleanse and detox. When people do a cleanse they often "get sick" on day 3. The body goes into shock bc you're not giving it sugars and fats and processed foods any more. be prepared for this "sickness" and work through it.

A 72 hour juice fast using fruit and veggie juices and water can flush your colon and any water weight you are carrying. If you have a juicer, fresh is best. Otherwise buy juices that are 100% juice, no sugar added. You might loose 12 pounds of fluid and colon clogging stuff in the first week. It's a good kick start.

I'm a health junkie. I write recipes daniellecooks.wordpress.com

After the juice fast, start weight watchers.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:26 AM on Sep. 27, 2009