Need help for a friend who is pretty sure she has Chrones Disease!

I have a friend who recently found out she most likely has Chrones Disease. She has had internal bleeding for 8 mos now and the Dr finally is diagnosing her. Anyone know someone who has this or anyone on here have it? She is very upset and worried. I try to comfort and support her but its hard because I dont know how it feels to go through what she is going through. She is also ttc and is having trouble with that as well. I have read some things about the disease but not sure what exactly is true. Any help would be very much appreciated!

OliviasMommy614

Asked by OliviasMommy614 at 3:39 AM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Health

• I don't know a lot about it, a former co-worker of mine has it. I know hers is managed with a drug therapy, she gets Remicade every 6 or 8 weeks. Sorry I can't be more help. Oh, and it's Crohn's, look for Crohn's and Colitis. Here's a link to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of Canada:

http://www.ccfc.ca/English/index.html

Good luck to your friend, I hope she's able to manage it and she can successfully get pregnant and carry a baby.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 3:56 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I had a roomate with Crohn's. It can come and go. He could eat everything and lived a normal life.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:10 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• My cousin also has it, and she has known for at least 15 years. Yes she has flare-ups, yes she goes into the hospital, but she really doesn't follow her proper diet and listen to her doc's instructions. She changed docs plenty of times in the beginning, because she thought they were full of it, but she has now found a doc that she likes, he likes her, she just can not give up the control of what she wants as opposed to what is good for her. Ask your friend to please,please, please follow her doc's advice. It's not really a common disease, but there is a lot of information about it out there.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 8:39 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I have Crohn's Disease and I've had it most of my life, gave birth to 3 healthy boys and I am still a part of the living. PM me if you want.
    wooly

Answer by wooly at 9:11 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Gluten-free diets are sometimes recommended for Crohn's and celiac disease. Recipes at

daniellecooks.wordpress.com

This is what I eat and I got pregnant on the 1st try after changing my diet. I also feel much better.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:21 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I honestly don't know much about it. I do need to learn because there is a great chance that I have or will have it. My father had it, and it is normally something that is genetic in women. So the fact that the gene was strong enough to affect my father means chances are I have it as well... But to be honest it has never been something I worried myself with. I have fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, labyrnthitis and Bi-Polar disorder along with food and chemical alergies out the wazoo... So, it's just not really something I tend to worry myself with.

There are a great many books that could help her with things like treatment and diet... Just run a search on Amazon and you'll find a nice list. Good Luck and Gods Bless!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:13 PM on Sep. 27, 2009