I'm getting really sharp pain...

in my back, and "down there". It's mostly in my lower back though. I'm 39 weeks plus 5 days pregnant. I keep thinking that I will go into labor at any moment, but nothing. I'm pretty sure I still have my mucis plug, no broken water. Just getting sharp pain. I'm not sure if he's moving around and thats why I'm having this pain or what. Any suggestions on what it may be and how I can fix it? I'll try anything.

Payan04

Asked by Payan04 at 4:41 AM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The baby could be putting pressure on a nerve. That could very easily cause sharp pains in those locations. Try lying in different positions to get the baby to move. Hope you can find some relief!
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 4:46 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Lay down on your right side for 30 minutes and if the pain doesn't go away lay on your left for 30 minutes if it is still there then call your doctor. If thre is your first child then you don't know how your body labors. Like me once my water is broken i am pushing in 15 minutes and the baby is out in 25 minutes 2 kids just the same. Every peganacy is different so ever birth can be different also. Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:54 AM on Sep. 27, 2009