i feel really bad for some of the mom's on here...

the ones who ask silly questions about what their baby should be doing at a certain age or is their baby lazy because he/she doesn't walk at 8 months. why aren't they educating themself about childcare? there are plenty of books and web pages that are very easy to get a hold of. all you have to do is read about it. i just don't get it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 AM on Sep. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• Neither do I. They can spend all day or night here asking the dumbest questions but cant or dont know how to google? Scares the crap out of me that some many dummies are breeding.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:00 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I think most of the moms on CafeMom.com are really just trying to connect with other people...mommies specifically. The silly questions that have answers just a Google away...are an attempt to connect...not always a lack of research or ability. I would rather find a random yet valid conversation about potty training...or diaper rash...or other benign parenting choice/concern..than continually engae in convos about P.A., or WAHMotherhood etc. ... Give the other Mamas a chance...I think the questions are just a way to break the ice without creating Drama...engage with some of them...bet you will find women pretty similar to you...looking to connect...not really all that uber interested on your take of the latest parenting advice or fad
    Cheapsk8mom

Answer by Cheapsk8mom at 6:27 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Why haven't you educated yourself on proper grammar?

Just being rude because you are. Some mommies have no place to turn to for help, do not know websites, don't read books, and/or just prefer to have a lot of answers versus just one answer from some website or book.

They ARE trying to educate themselves. Who cares if its through cafemom? At least they ARE seeking out answers and not just staying uneducated.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:40 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• i agree with anon :40... grow up. Just because people dont do what u do doesnt mean they are wrong
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• These mom just want quick answers instead doing the research. What really does it say for them. They had nine months to prepare by doing the research.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Yes, they just want quick answers. More than not doing their research, it makes me think they don't have anyone else to ask. Not parents or friends who have children, not a doctor, not a childhood development specialists, etc. And that makes me sad because everyone should have people in their real lives to ask for advice.

I took a child development class in high school and learned a lot from there. I took another couple of classes in college and I am reinforced by my children's doctor and Parents As Teachers. I wish more states would have PAT.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 9:44 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Wow! I am a nurse, learned about infant development and care, graduated as my nursing class valedictorian, and read many baby/parenting books during and after my pregnancy... nothing I have read or studied has helped as much as the moms on this site has.

Even if you get the same answer from a mom on here that you would get from a book, the added bonus is that you get personalized reassurance.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 9:45 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• maybe, since you do so much "research" and have all the answers, you could reply to the questions and HELP other moms instead of criticizing them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I thought that's what this site was for? "common sense" is different for everyone though; what some people may think is simple may be WAY beyond another's comprehension. I think it is better to ask 'silly' questions with no judgment then to ask no questions at all.
    Ravensong

Answer by Ravensong at 10:08 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• They ARE trying to educate themselves. But most people (myslef included) don't agree much with the "experts" I would much rather talk to someone that has been there instead of having some childless expert with a digree in child related sciences tell me what is and isn't and what does and doesn't. It's not that they aren't educated but they want to hear from people that have been there... Why is that wrong? Isn't that what this site is for??

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:44 PM on Sep. 27, 2009