how can I possibly potty train my DD?

My DD is 22 mos and shows the signs of being ready. She poops and pees on the potty. She tells me instantly when she's pooped her diaper (sometimes before she's even done, and then she'll finish on the potty); she really dislikes having poop in her diaper and cries when its there. I know she's ready . . .

But how can I find the time to train her? She's in daycare full time but since she's still young it is hard for them to bring her every half hour. I don't want to put her in panties yet if she is going to have accidents all day. Once she moves into the next class (nov and dec), they can bring her every half hour, but she's still with toddlers and they can't. I'm a single mom so on weekends we are out running errands (grocery shopping and laundry, cooking and cleaning at home) so I don't have the time to devote completely to her potty training.

How should I go about this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:15 AM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I recommend the 3-day potty training method. The most difficult part about it is you need to spend three straight days "shadowing" your daughter inside the house. You can buy an ebook online for about 20 dollars and with that you can also email the author with your personal potty training questions.

I had the same experience with my son a few months ago and felt bad not potty training him since he was showing such obvious signs. I used the 3-day method, we've had some bumps in the road, but it was well worth it.
    kidzgro

Answer by kidzgro at 8:05 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• My step son is almost six, autistic, and JUST got potty trained.. Certainly not your daughter.... however, we have 50/50 custody and we worked on potty training him for several years to show success with us, then go home to his mother who would not work with him and then come back to us as if he never learned anything.

I finally tried the three day method and it worked! (Of course with some stink along the way)
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 10:10 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• "Potty Train your child in one day" is a fantastic book that you should try...
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 9:18 PM on Sep. 27, 2009