why do kids never want to get up for school on time. but then on holiday mornings they are up at 6 am waking u up! Why????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 AM on Sep. 27, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Hi Anonymous! I have 4 grown children, and am raising my 7 yr. old grandson, and TO THIS DAY, after being a mom 31 years, I still do not know the answer to this!I have tried letting my GS stay up until 11 pm on a Friday night or vacation night and still at the crack of dawn, he is up, bright eyed and bushy tailed...BUT M-F regular school week, 7 am he is the most difficult child to get up! Just can't figure it out! If you find the answer, PLEASE let me know! Good luck, TJsMom
    TJsMom09

Answer by TJsMom09 at 6:53 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I guess it is the attitude toward what the day holds. On vacation last week I was up every morning early, but the last day when it was time to come home, I could hardly get my eyes open. I knew that packing up, driving, unpacking, laundry, catching up on mail and bills, and facing the real world were on the agenda for that day. If it is good things ahead for the day, we get a rush of energy.

Answer by Bmat at 8:26 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I agree with p.p. It's because they are not looking forward to school.
    honeyb3

Answer by honeyb3 at 12:19 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I think it is mostly attitude. When my 5yo wanted to go to school (first week) he got up easily. 2nd week it was a fight; now he is getting up by himself at 6am and bringing his school clothes down stairs--even on weekends.

We watch my ds fall asleep to make sure he gets a solid 10 hours, instead of playing 'till 10pm.

Teens need a lot of sleep as well, and their biological rhythm is to stay up late and get up late. If you have a teen with an early start time, that could be an issue. Thankfully my district has the little ones start first and the teens last.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 12:23 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I don't have this issue with my teen son, but I do with my husband, LOL! He's up by 5AM on weekends, but I literally have to drag him out of bed during the week. My teen son will sleep all day, every day if I'd let him, but gets up with little to no issue during the school week. :)
    Mom2theboy1994

Answer by Mom2theboy1994 at 12:47 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• OMG after 5 kids and most of them grown all I can say is bedtime is at sunset.
    milmiracle

Answer by milmiracle at 12:56 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Motivation!
    angiem915

Answer by angiem915 at 9:19 PM on Sep. 27, 2009