is it possible to be in labor w/out bloody show or your water breaking?

You know that pain sometimes when you lay down and your back starts throbbing like a burning feeling and your inner thighs feel like they're being pushed apart and your pelvis bone hurts just about as much as your back after baby drops? well im having that even after etting out of bed and walking around and now my irregular contractions are getting stronger and im getting heavy menstraul cramping with them... ive had pain similar to this that subsided but this just ISNT going away.. could it be just the baby dropping some more or are these possible labor symptoms? please help!! 37 weeks 5 days btw first baby!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sure u could be in labor.. sounds very likly you are.. just if the contractions arent regular they will not tell u to come in. so just wait to see if they become regular. then when they do call ur dr
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• It sounds like labor babe.  I wouldn't wait to call your Dr. or Midwife though.  I've read a lot from other moms on here who say what they thought were the irregular Braxton Hicks contractions, were actually true labor. 

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 8:59 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• my dr told me if they are irregular they arent labor
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• It could be labor. Many women do not notice their bloody show (if they even have any) and it is quite possible for labor to start without your water breaking. Babies are born in their intact amniotic sacs all the time in other countries (not here because docs are too adamant that the sac *needs to be broken*). The term for this is called being born en caul and it is considered to be very good luck in many cultures. Here's a link to a youtube video of a woman giving birth to a baby still in the intact amniotic sac. Good luck mama!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3npxGfBHWbk

ktok2009

Answer by ktok2009 at 9:12 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Thats what I have been told also but if I felt like I was in labor I would have my Midwife check me to see whats going on.  Either that or I'd start timing my contractions and as soon as they got regular I would call. 

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 9:13 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• OP here thanks for the advice now that i have got up and wlaked around some of the pain has subsided but im not fully convinced its just another false labor thing yet because i still have hip pain and a little pressure "down there" and my contractions have started a "pattern" thats about 10 mins apart and they're getting pretty strong so im not sure but if it keeps up for the next hour and the contractions get stronger and closer together im going to call my dr and see if she would like me to come in, she already said baby was extremely low and i was very dilated ( wouldnt tell me how dilated) so that she would be suprised if i even lasted until our next appointment.. so i think she would be mad if i DIDNT call.. thank you everyone for the advice!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• And..sometimes your waters wont break till you are near delivery..that's why sometimes they have to break them for you. The regularity of the contractions can happen very quick. I thought I was just having the braxton hicks too, then eventually..they wre coming rather quickly. I wasnt getting "pain" yet..lol..that was near midnight..and the baby was born less than 3 hours later.
    Del672

Answer by Del672 at 9:21 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Very possible! I was in labor, made it all the way to NINE centimers..water never broke. Doctor had to break it. I did know I was in labor because I woke up having contractions at about 1 minute and 30 seconds apart. By the time we got to the hospital 2 hours after waking up I was already 6 centimers dilated. You might just want to call your doctor.
    ahorger0907

Answer by ahorger0907 at 9:47 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• With my first child, I was in labour for 3 days, water never broke, no bloody show. Irregular contractions. I got to the point that i just couldn't take the pain of it and wanted to be able to sleep so I called my doctor. He had me come to the hospital and they checked me. Broke my water for me and i had the baby a few hours later. So yeah, irregular or not, you are in labour.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• yes! i didnt have bloody show or my water break until i was well into labor!
    Des10ed2b

Answer by Des10ed2b at 10:01 AM on Sep. 27, 2009