Why does the subject of homosexuality upset some?

I admit that I am one that dwells on the subject for the obvious reason, it is a subject that needs to be spoken of only because a certain portion of our population is beng discriminated upon and it is unjust. A question about it was posted yesterday and one comment caught my eye, one that asked to stop these questions. Why does it bother you? If it does why not pass the question by instead of asking to be stopped?

I realize religious people are against it, but are we to stop inquiring as to the why of this controversial subject so they don't get offended?

Asked by older at 8:52 AM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • I don't know why. I love gay people. They are human beings & deserve fair treatment.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 5:54 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• This is a place to speak your mind and share your views, opinions, and experience.  If someone else doesn't like that then they should just pass over the question.  Noone has to "stop" just because someone else thinks so.  I'm not sure why this happens.  If I don't want to read about a topic or if I don't have anything I feel like is worth contributing then I'll pass over the question.  I don't really qualify to answer on this though, lol, homosexuals don't bother me in the least.

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 8:57 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• well, since i'm the one who took the heat for echoing another mom's response to 'stop with the homosexual questions', i'll tell you.
    i assumed, and i gathered she did,too, that particular op was going to rant about something...just like she has ranted about other groups/denoms in the last couple weeks. (catholics is a big rant for her.)
    i actually answered the post first, but she didnt like my response. copy/pasted some of it and kept saying i was trying to tell people not to post. when that wasn't the case at all. i reported her, whoever she was, and they removed her 'baiting' responses. you know, i'm not sure the anon i reported was the anon-op...i reported a response, not the question.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:16 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• This is back to judgment and fear. Someone who is truly at peace with her God/religion/beliefs is able to have compassion for others. I heard a minister say "Hate sin, love the sinner" which seemed like a step toward compassion to me. Kindness sure does go a lot further than hatred and judgment though.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:03 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• this subject upsets for the same reasons why the subject of God created Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve upset people. or love the sinner not the sin
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Because as I answered in your other question. People are taught from little up that God laid down rules or laws for us to live by and that breaking those leads to unhappyness and punishment. It's drilled in to their heads from the time they are a baby in most cases. So, the idea that someone's very way of life is breaking what they feel to be a law or rule set by God, is just more than they can understand. People tend to believe that the actions of others can reflect upon them in religious settings... So, they are just simply afraid. It's greatly unfortunate! And I personally don't understand it in the least. But as I have a mother that hates (in her words) "the gay part of me" (I am bi and proud) I do understand that it's a reality. Again, tolerance is not something that most people are ever taught. Religion forces otherwise intelegent people to live in little boxes of ignorance and hate.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:36 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• It bugs mew because God created Adam and Eve, NOT Adam and Steve. If it were natural for 2 men or 2 women to be together then we would be able to concieve kids with a man or a woman. Nature says No kids for 2 guys or 2 girls short of medical intervention. It's just not right. I dont bash them though. They will be judged like every other human being on this earth someday.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:44 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• vbruno, God created us all, homos and hetros, there are heterosexual couples who go through medical intervention too. It might not be right in your eyes, but your eyes do not make the whole world. Are you bound to be upset or bugged when the views of the world collide with yours?

Answer by older at 10:53 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• People don't like to be reminded that they are judgemental, bigoted, hateful people. And when they have to see it, they get angry at themselves. But rather than fix it within their own hearts(because their hearts tell them they are not showing love) they lash out at others....it releases that self hatred.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 11:09 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• sahmamax2, seems to have some anger issues
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Sep. 27, 2009