what is your kid's love of their life toy buddy?

My daughter has a blue turtle she will not go anywhere with out him. His name is Turtle for now, somedays it's Buddy. lol. If you have a hard time with getting that fav toy buddy to get washed. Tell him/her, "Hey you take a tubby when you get dirty, so does so and so too when they get dirty."

avonmom83

Asked by avonmom83 at 9:12 AM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We have 8 loveys, 2 bunnies and 1 bear back pack. Any one of these must leave the house and somedays we must have one in each arm. She never knows when they hit the laundry b/c when I change the sheets the lovey's go too. When she is napping the bunnies go into the wash as well. No 2 items are the same so there is only a need to have quality not what to have.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:15 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• My nin year old DD has this Bennie Buddy fish she got when she was 6 months old it is falling apart and needs a filet transplant and it is missing an eye and she can not sleep without it!!! Still!!! She does't take him out of the house anymore, unless we go on an overnight trip.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 9:21 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• My DD's absolute favoriteis a small alpaca teddy bear with one poor leg that has half fallen off. :( I don't know what I am going to do when poor Teddy Bear looses his leg. and I can't find another small one like that to replace him with.
    SnuggyBaby

Answer by SnuggyBaby at 10:18 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• my 16 month old son's best buddy is this big monkey my mom bought for him on a recent outing to Toy R Us. apparently when they went down the stuffed animal aisle, he saw it and started pointing and calling out "'key!" "key!", for monkey. as soon as they gave it to him to hold, he wouldn't let go. he only keeps it at home (it's as big as he is), and when anyone says "monkey", he smiles, grabs it around the neck, rolls on top of it on the floor and hugs it for thirty seconds or so.
    Mamastheword

Answer by Mamastheword at 12:04 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• My son's favorite is a blue bear. When he was around 8 months and I noticed he was getting attached, we went out and bought two more - so we can rotate them and keep them washed. I did the same thing with my 9 yo's Elmo's.

Answer by missanc at 2:05 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• DS had a blanky he LOVED. Of course, it had to be one my sister made him so it wasn't possible to get more. We kept blanky till it was falling apart then started introducing new blankys. He still must have a blanky to sleep with, but any blanky will do assuming its small enough to wrap around him and big enough to cover most of his body and head. The other thing he is really attached to and will cry if he cannot see is his kitty. She literally picked him out at the animal shelter right when he turned three (hes about three and a half now). He walked by and she meowed right at him. Silly us, we thought we wanted a dog, but she changed our mind really fast. If he crys or gets upset, she is right there rubbing on him and such. When we travel he will ask what she is doing and I explain she is in the kennel or at home waiting for us to come back.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 2:53 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• his favorite thing in the whole world is penguins he has 2 stuffed penguins that are from big lots there 20" tall and he lseeps with both of them in his todler bed they are named pancake one and pancake 2 he knows wich is wich mommy dosent lol
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 3:02 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• a stuffed duck that has three replacements that we try to switch out. As for washing him rarely. However he gets occassionally baths in the tub with my daughter (bought babyshampoo on sale) and while we dry her hair he gets a spin in the dryer. He even swims in the pool with us. lol. His name is Duckie or DuckDuck depending on her mood.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 3:09 PM on Sep. 27, 2009