omg could my water be leaking?

i was just sitting here for a long time and i had been having alot of false labor type symptoms.. well she put a lot of pressure down on me in the vaginal region and a very small gush of warm clear fluid came out.. could i such a small leak? or could it just be the regular discharge?? im 38 weeks and the pains have been keeping me from sleeping all night

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It could be your water leaking or it could be your bladder leaking (it happens to the best of us ;) ). Does the fluid have any color at all to it and, I know it sounds gross, but does it have a smell at all? Many women say that amniotic fluid has an almost sweet smell to it and we all know what pee smells like. :) When my water broke, it was just a slow, but very constant leak. I had to wear a maxi pad until I was in true labor (about 18 hours after the leaking started). It is imperative for you to keep anything & everything out of your vag if you are leaking or suspect you're leaking. You do not want to get an infection. It's quite possible for your amniotic sac to seal back up on it's own but it's important that you stay well hydrated right now, so drink lots of water. Good luck mama!

ktok2009

Answer by ktok2009 at 9:35 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• call your doctor. Seems like your water did break. It doesn't have to big a big gush of water.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Maybe. When my water broke I was sitting down and felt like a "pop" and I felt a gush. I even thought it could have been pee. BUT then I stood up and it kept coming out - ALOT, running down my leg, into my shoes! I soaked 3 towels just getting to the hospital. And you will feel your stomach kind of "deflating". I know you can leak amniotic fluid, but if your water broke you would know it. It kinda feels like you are peeing uncontrollably.
    Maya09

Answer by Maya09 at 9:48 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• well my water started as a small gush, and then soon after (5 minutes) my apartment looked as if someone sprayed it with a hose. It just kept leaking out. I cut apart pull-ups and wore those to the hospital while sitting on a pile of towels. All were soaked by the time I arrived at the hospital 2 miles away.

I don't know what to tell you other than if you are not flooding your home, maybe call your doc, he/she may want you to go in and get checked.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 9:56 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I was swimming around the pool at 8 months pregnanant and felt a warm gush of water. I went home and sure enough I was leaking very small amounts of amnioctic fluid. I didn't think it was that important and didn't report it to my dr. until the late evening...still leaking small amount. He said to come right in and that I was open for infection! I wasn't due for another month but had her the following day on my own...no drugs. Everything went great.
    OpiesMom809

Answer by OpiesMom809 at 12:11 PM on Sep. 27, 2009