Horrible red spots on my baby.

It looked like bug bites on my 6 month old's skin but these red bumps have grown rapidly into awful, scabby looking things. He has 3 of them that just look painful. I googled ringworm and it does not look like that. Any thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Kids' Health

• DOCTOR
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Could be heat rash or baby acne. Have you tried putting hydrocortisone on them? If they persist call the Dr and ask about them.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:25 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Chicken pox? If they are scabbing over it is not baby acne or heat rash, it is something else. You need to call a nurse line or take him to a walkin/urgent care clinic. Call first though so they know to put him in an isolation room incase he is contagious.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:39 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I have no idea what it could be, but be careful about using hydocortisone for a long period of time, especially on a baby so young. It's a steroid, and not reccomended for prolonged use.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Could it be eczema? My two youngest boys (age 2 and 9 months) have it really bad. For them, it starts out as red bumps, exands to about the size of a dime to quarter, gets very flaky, gets wet and oozy, and then clears up. This can go on a few days to serveral weeks. For my boys, it's mostly on their face but, they have also had it just about every part of their body. You can take him/her to the doctor for a prescription. It may take a few different changes in medication to find one that will work.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Could be a number of things, check with pediatrician. Eczema too! Use natural products to help with skin irretations.

Moriah
    www.WorkingGreenMoms.com
    MoriahL

Answer by MoriahL at 12:48 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• So we just back from the doctor, thank you ladies for all your thoughts. Doctor said it could be a staph or strep infection or MRSA!!!! They took a culture of it and will let me know as soon as they know. He was prescribed an antibiotic, so I hope it clears soon. He did get these spots in the area where eczema has started in his arm pits =( Poor baby! I suck as a mother!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Sep. 28, 2009