What should I do for my little sister?

So my little sister called last night. Her husband got drunk and picked a fight with her. He ended up throwing her up against the counter. When she called me she was crying and said she left because she was scared he was going to hit her this time. This is the third time he has gotten drunk and threw her down or into something. She lives 12 hours away and has three kids and she is the sole provider to the family. Of course I told her she is welcome here and I would do anything I could do to help but I don't think she is going to do it. I am not sure what else I can do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• She should call the police and have him removed till he sober's up. Then he should get into counseling. If she makes all the $ then get the drunken abusive problem removed. The police usually will take away the drunk person where there are accusations of abuse. Always remember a drunk persons words and actions are a sober persons thoughts.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:14 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• He's gonna end up hurting her real bad, she needs to take ignitiative to do something about this as well, you can be there for her and tell her she needs to do this and that, more than likely she will just do her own thing, until things get so out of control that she becomes serious!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 10:16 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Help her collect info about shelters and resource centers in her area. They usually have free legal advice and can help people file protective orders. Ever county has something like that. Giving her information is a great gift. She is probably afraid and not thinking clearly. Reassuring her that you are always going to love her and look out for her is the best thing you can do. Leaving is a process and even very smart women stay in dangerous relationships. She'll figure it out one day and thank you.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 2:41 PM on Sep. 27, 2009