The Jihadi's where will they be placed?

The White House is close to selecting a U.S. location for some Guantanamo Bay detainees to be transferred to once the facility closes, Reuters reported an Obama administration official as saying Saturday.

"We are in the final stages of locating a secure facility in the U.S. where detainees can be held," the official told Reuters.

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 10:16 AM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I would like to know just what exactly is accomplished by closing Gitmo and simply MOVING them to another location. They will still be imprisoned! The Obama adminstration has already acknowledged that some of them will be imprisoned indefinitely.

The move accomplishes nothing. It will just spend a bunch of money to move really dangerous people from a secure location to American soil. This is one of the DUMBEST ideas BO has had.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:32 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:16 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• One of the locations they are considering is Michigan....my home state that Governor Granholm is a sell out to the American people if she takes these prisoners here.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 10:48 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• First Jihad is not a euphemism for terrorist. Jihad is a religious, spiritual struggle, that very few Muslims see as a physical war with others. Its more similar to a Christian's journey to find God and the Christian belief of witnessing. Now on to the terrorists or suspected terrorists. What does it matter if we move them state side. It's not like they are going to be living amongst us, there will still be guards, they will still be behind bars and they are still going to be prisoners.
    lori232

Answer by lori232 at 1:23 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• * yourspecialkid
    Gitmo is a very unstable location. I have wondered about the logic of putting them there in the first place. Its just not safe, back in 96 when I was in the service I remember the nightmare it took to remove all the military dependents from Gitmo, because of an uprising in Cuba. My friends came back with tales of sitting watch at the mine fields to watch for refugees trying to cross the mine fields.
    lori232

Answer by lori232 at 1:39 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I realize about the 'Jihad' I guess will have to excuse me because I am not PC lol.
    I have some concerns of them being brought here and hopefully they would be set aside from others.I mean I can see it now they start to convert others in the prison to.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:38 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• They create the risk of terror attacks occurring in the areas they are housed.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:45 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Why aren't the libs all fired up about this? Weren't they all upset about those guys being held without. A trial, how come they're not on here railing against the powers that be NOW?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 5:07 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

Because Father (I mean Obama) knows best.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:44 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• excuse me because I am not PC lol.
    _____________________
    Not to be harsh, but it's not an issue of "PC." It's an issue of education. If you knew that and still used "Jihadists" it's more than non-PC, it is akin to calling every Muslim a terrorist, which is more like bigotry.

As far as the actual post, they need to quit using Gitmo if for no other reason than that there is no oversight and they acted like a rogue military, operating outside of the law.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 7:45 PM on Sep. 27, 2009