I heard you are supposed to get checked for breast cancer a certain amount of years before the tim esomeone in you family got it

Well my mom got it at 35 , When should I go be checked?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• As far as mammograms go?
    I believe the schedule is around the age of 30 if you have certain risk factors.
    Self breast exams should be begun in your early 20's, but I taught my daughters how to do their when they were 15.
    I read this information at: http://www.cancer.org/docroot/CRI/content/CRI_2_4_3X_Can_breast_cancer_be_found_early_5.asp
    I know that when I found a lump in my mid-20's and there is a history of breast cancer in my family, I had a mammo right away, then one at 6 months, another 6 months later, and then one every year since the removal of the malignant tumor.
    Even with the history in my family, I probably would not have had a mammo until I was in my 40's if a lump had not been found.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 3:50 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 3:51 PM on Sep. 27, 2009