28 weeks tomorrow, and having trouble sleeping....

I sleep on my side, but wake up continuously throughout the night to change positions. As I roll onto my other side, I feel like my groin is cracking, kinda like when you crack your fingers.... I dunno, but it's really uncomfortable and it feels sore. Is this all because my hips are spreading or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes hon, pelvis is spreading to make room for birth in a few months. It is normal tho pain and sorry bout that. something that helped me was sleep with pillow between knees while on side, also be sure to move slow and straighten legs if you can before turning. Just being aware of when the cracking starts, then moving in diff ways to see if it helps. good luck with your LO. :o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:32 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Yep that's what it is, I'm right along where you are and this is my 2nd pregnancy, my hips hurt soooo bad last night and this morning, I toss and turn too! I put a pillow beside my belly for extra support that helps some. But I know exactly what your'e going through! :)
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 10:32 AM on Sep. 27, 2009