How dilated do you havee to be....?

ok i am only just 37 weeks and have dilated to a 3 and have been having contractions continuously that are 10 - 30 minutes apart...

How far would I have to dilate to get admitted?
Is there any suggestions on what can speed this along?

(Its not that I want the baby to come out if he isnt ready to, I am just curious... Although I have to admit that these contractions have been taking all my energy away, so I have been feeling just blah!)

My midwife said that she could possibly induce me this week if I start to feel worse, but what more can be done if my contractions are not making my cervix dilate?

any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• walk and have sex
    dialation depends on the hospital or whatever my hospital kept you at 4 cm
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Normally a 4, and you have to be effaced, I was dialated at a 3 for weeks before I was finally induced, it sucked, but I walked when I could.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 10:34 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I was dilated at 3cm for 2 months before he came. I went to the dr. and my contraction were 5 mins apart and my dr was like well you can still talk through them so if the pain gets worse or your water breaks then go the hospital well my water broke at 35 weeks and I hadnt even droped yet. I just did a hour of walking everyday and thats what made me go into labor. So WALK WALK WALK and when you hurt really bad or if you break your water go.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 10:35 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I think midwife will induce you at 37 weeks and 5 days so when you hit that date tell her you fell like crap and cant take it anymore.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 10:37 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• sperm causes a ripe cervix to dialate so there is that. and yes walking will help. be sure to drink alot of water to stay hydrated tho. good luck, not long now hon.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:42 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I usually watch the contraction pattern and how a mom is coping, not cervical change.

When contractions are close together (at least 4 minutes apart), for at least an hours, maybe tow, and last a good 60 seconds each--
    PLUS mom is turning inward to focus and no longer able to deal with the world around her while concentrating through the contraction.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:33 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• The hospital I go to you have to be at 4 and in active labor (contractions 5-7 minutes apart regularly)
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 11:46 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• i would say... lots of walking sex fresh pineapple and nipple stimulation but the ONLY thing that has somewhat worked for me is walking... it made the baby drop another station or so ive even been doing all 4 of these for weeks now... and nipple stimulation only seems to make contractions come for a few minutes... mine admits you in at 4 cm and contractions coming....
    armymum1013

Answer by armymum1013 at 3:48 PM on Sep. 27, 2009