Question about stiches.

I am 1 week post-partum and my stiches have started itching really bad. Anything I can do to relieve this? Itching does mean it's healing, right?

Maya09

Asked by Maya09 at 10:32 AM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sitz bath....
    Sharde88

Answer by Sharde88 at 10:37 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Mine didn't itch, and you don't wipe them when you wash or use the bathroom, that will irritate them even more or cause them to come out. I'd take a shower, maybe put some vaseline on the area.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 10:38 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Also you're not supposed to take baths till after they've healed showers only momma.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 10:39 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• yes sweetie, itching means its healing. you can also put triple antibiotic ointment on them, or call pharmacist or doc and ask what is available.it is the drying out that makes them itch... its a pain isnt it? lol congrats on your baby! good job mom! :o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:39 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• ps. DO NOT TAKE ANY TYPE OF BATH UNTIL YOU STOP BLEEDING. until then your cervix is not totally shut and that means bacteria can go inside causeing bad infections. just fyi :o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:40 AM on Sep. 27, 2009