Question about Maryland climate

Hi, I live in CT, want to get the heck out of here. I lived in AZ and loved it, but it too far away from the beach.
Can anyone tell me about the climate (especially winter) in Maryland. I'm thinking of MD because I also love to visit D.C. and I could get a job there.

kjrn79

Asked by kjrn79 at 10:35 AM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I agree with sallorwifenmom - I live here in B-more and our weather is constantly changing and sometimes without warning. These past few years our summers have been taking a while to get going (they've been rather mild in the beginning) but once they do they're usually humid. Grab yourself some anti-frizz hair products and plenty of water. Autumns and Springs are gorgeous, just drive around our beautiful state and try to take in all the nature we have. Some may not equate nature with Maryland but we have plenty of it even in our capitol city of Baltimore and surrounding counties. Winters can be cold and while we haven't gotten much snow in recent years the 1 or 2 storms we get each winter are a blast! Kids are out of schools and many go sledding. In case of no snow, PA always has enough to share for weekends of skiing and snow tubing. I was born and raised here and love calling Maryland home.

Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 10:59 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• We lived in the Balt / DC area for 3 1/2 yrs, and for the most part, I enjoyed it.

You have hot, humid summers - most homes have a/c. You also have cold winters, and you get snow, but not as much as you get in CT.

The Chesapeake is usually too cold to really swim in, but you can go to Ocean City, or down to VA to the beach.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:40 AM on Sep. 27, 2009