landlord dosent do anything.....

we normaly dont ask for much but 3 weeks ago my dh ask the landlord if he can fix our frontdoor knob ( its falling off, wigglie, and it takes 5 mins to lock it and when u think its lock u pull the door...nope not locked. ) we asked for a new one my dh tends to work long hours and there have ben many break in's ( everyone home asleep in there beds wake up to being robbed ) so while dh is at work i would like to know least my door is locked. we are now on week 3, my dh dosent want to call him and say were gonna hold rent till its done, ( corse that will make him move ) i dont know what to do anymore..its a freaking door knob..and if we buy one and install it and take off say 30.00 landlord will have heart failure....(i can hear him now u shouldnt have done that i said i would do it when i have time ) been there..dont want to know how long it took to fix pipe under sink...2 weeks. dishes washed in bathroom sink. arrgghh

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Home & Garden

• And your question is......???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I'd change it, then charge him for it and since you rent from him I'd give him a key then charge him for that too!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 11:36 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I am a landlord. In all my leases I charge 50.00 for any repair requests. If something will cost under 50.00, I don't want to here from them. If over they pay the first 50.00. Basically it keeps them from calling over every little thing. Is that in your lease? Maybe that's why he hasn't come. You can't just assume to take 30.00 off the rent. You need to talk to him about it. Stay on him call everyday. This is something that should be taken care of asap.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Contact your local tenants rights office.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:15 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I would just buy the lock, have it fixed, and then inform him it was done (provide him a copy if he wants) and then just pay my regular rent. I know that 30 dollars can be a lot of money sometimes, but I don't mess around with things like that. Your safety is too important.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 8:10 PM on Sep. 28, 2009