I was 135lbs pre pregancy and now at 6 mths I weigh 164

This scares me because I was always the one that exercise and keep my weigh down although I was trying to drop down to 125lbs before getting pregnant. But I am concerned I dont know why the weight keeps packing on I am not eating extra and I walk 3 1'/2 miles in the park. I hate seeing a number like that that I have never seen before.

Do you think the weight will all come off after I have the baby?

Cuz I am close to dieting right now because I feel if I have all this extra weight on me at 6 mths I will have enough fat for the baby to live off of until I delivery.

Should I be concerned about the weight gain? and what should I do in order not to gain anymore because ultimately you should gain 20- 35 lbs in a pregnancy and I am at my limit. I am 5'5

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your'e fine I'm 160 something, this is my 2nd pregnancy, I was 125lbs pre preg with my 1st daughter and ended up at 172! My doctor never bitched at me and I lost all my baby weight in just months, it melted off. All women are different and pregnancy changes women's bodies in different yet similar ways. If your baby is healthy and all your test come back negative then you have nothing to worry about. Plus my 1st daughter weighed 6lbs 8oz at birth.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 11:41 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• You will lose it, I did after 2nd pregnancy. As long as you are healthy and baby is. Talk to your doctor though if concerned.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 11:41 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• You should not diet when you are pregnant. You need to eat. With my first I gained 45 lbs and he came five weeks early. Who knows how much I would have gained if he was on time. With him it melted right off. I got pregnant when he was 4 months old and I was only one pound heavier to start with. With my second pregnancy I gained 50 lbs, he was on time. It took longer to lose the weight, but I got pregnant again when he was 11 months old and I was one pound lighter then when I got pregnant the first time. After my second I did weight watchers and walked every day to lose the weight (walked while pushing a double stroller that is). If you work at it, it will come off after the pregnancy. I am only 4'10'' so that was a lot of weight for me to gain. Just keep eating for your baby, just eat healthy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Keep in mind not to overeat foods that are laden with sugar - donuts, cookies, etc.

Also talk to your doctor about your concern. He or she will ease your mind.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• You match me, I got to 55 pounds by the end, and it all came off within baby's first 14 months, without any trying. (Just breastfeeding.)
    Try not to worry too much~ the most important thing is getting sufficient nourishment to your baby for the next few months~ soon enough you can tackle weight-loss.
    :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:50 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Don't worry and Don't diet. Your baby needs more than fat to develop normally. Babies need vitamins, minerals, and all sorts of antioxidants and such that can't come just from a prenatal pill. Eat healthy but adequate. Wait til you can put yourself on a diet and not yourself and your baby.
    Glutenfreebaby

Answer by Glutenfreebaby at 12:13 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Dont worry. I weighed 108 when I got pregnant. ON the day of delivery I weighed in at 212 pounds. I lost 42 pounds at the hospital!
    mkrmomma1

Answer by mkrmomma1 at 2:23 PM on Sep. 27, 2009