How long do you think you should be a relationship before you have sex?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• I made my husband wait 2 months before we had sex, I wanted to be more assure of our relationship.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 11:39 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• i think it all depends. i mean for me my first boyfreind i was with almost a year. but my norm is a few months..altho with my husband when we met i knew him about a week. he was just to hot to not get under tho.
    : )
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 11:39 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• it isn't so much a set time frame with me, more like i need to know that the relationship is stable and based on things other then just sex. and that really varies on how much time you can spend with the guy regularly, the quality of the time spent together etc.
    Pudge_Pie20

Answer by Pudge_Pie20 at 12:06 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I would say to wait until you really love the person you are with.

But, I have to admit this isn't a rule I have always followed. Once, I was out of town at a friend's wedding (far, far away). I had broken up with my bf of 3 1/2 years. I got a wild hair and decided to have a one night stand. I thought 'guys do this all the time. I am in a far away place, nobody knows me but my friend, I don't ever plan on coming back. I will get my sex on and never look back.' I ended up marrying him 4 years later and have been married for almost 10 years.

Things never work out the way you expect them to.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• my 1st was the first night but i was with the guy for 4 years on and off,haha. my huspand i waited a week.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 12:12 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• As soon as your relationship is defined as a relationship. Not just dating around and you two plan to be monog(sp, u know what word i'm trying to spell) to each other.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• It isn't how long you wait...it is why you do decide to have sex. I waited until I was sure my boyfriend and I were in a committed relationship and had no other issues or doubts. Sex, for me, was too important to waste on some fly by night, casual relationship. I was 23 when I knew it was the right guy and then we got married six months later.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 1:23 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• There is no set time. Only you know when the time is right for you and it depends on what you want from the relationship. If you want marriage you might want to hold out for a while bc if you don't he'll think you sleep quickly with all men you date and you'll never hear the end of that.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:25 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I always waited until I was in a very committed relationship that I knew was going to last. My minimum was about 3 months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I waited until I was married, that was the commitment that I was waiting for.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Sep. 27, 2009