is it possible to talk about your faith without getting bashed or be told your preaching?

i have asked questions for other Christians to answer, yet most of the time nonChristians answer &my faith or religion was bashed, told me not to preach, but the question was meant for christians. & i've made posts to questions regarding religion -almost every time someone says i'm preaching and/or my faith is bashed. I know i'm not the only one & it happens not just to christians, but i have seen it with Muslims to.

maiahlynn

Asked by maiahlynn at 11:47 AM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• the way i can explain it is it's an open forum and everyone wants to add their thoughts,their beliefs, their truth, their nonsense, their hatred, their love, their "whatever". don't take it personal just look at it like everyone has two cents and they want to throw it in whether they are believers or disbelievers, good or bad, right or wrong.

Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 11:55 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Idk... I have no problem with people who are respectful with their questions and ask them in a way that does not bash other people's beliefs. Sadly though, this week especially, there has been a lot of Catholic bashing, some Muslim bashing and a lot of rude questions about homosexuality. I don't expect everyone to believe the way I do, but i do expect other people to respect what I believe and not tell me I'm wrong for believing the way I do. I don't know what your question was, but if you had asked it with respect for what other people believe then I wouldn't have taken issue with it.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:52 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Here on CM you get bashed for everything, if you want to ask religious questions or voice your opinion I say join a christian group. :)
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 11:53 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I've been extremely adamant about avoiding questions marked "--CHRISTIANS ONLY PLEASE!" And as far as I know the other "regular" non-Christians around here are good at it as well. For me personally, I feel that I can't discuss atheism with anyone other than pagans, agnostics, Buddhists, and Satanists. Basically, anything other than the three monotheistic religions. I'm totally open to open-ended conversations, but it's nearly impossible for a Christian and an atheist to have a nitty gritty discussion about religious beliefs.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:53 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• i don't make questions on her because i don't feel it's right to give people the opportunity to bash GOD. I answer some if i feel i can offer something but mainly i try to stay away from most questions.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 11:56 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• If you want answers from only Christian, it would be a good idea to ask them in a group of Christians. There are many groups here on CM for Christians. Also many of the questions labeled for Christians only, I have seen in the Q&A section have been bashing others, so maybe that is why they get grief from others.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:58 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I think the only time you will not be bashed, is if you post in a group, that is for Christians. Any other time we the people can and will comment on your post the way we want to. Giving our thought and opinions.  Just because you put "for Christians only". does not mean us non Christians can not click on it and post an answer on there.

Answer by louise2 at 11:59 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• almost every time someone says i'm preaching

If it happens almost every time, and it doesn't happen to every Christian almost every time, sounds like the problem is you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• If you word your question wrong it could come off as offensive and that is what gets people going. I agree with everyone who said join a christian group and ask them.
    Bjoycassell

Answer by Bjoycassell at 12:11 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I understand what you are saying. This is an open forum, yet I try to have respect and not give hate filled answers like "they are hypocrites" I don't see a point in judging atheist it seems better to talk about my own faith but I see a lot of Christian bashing on cafemom. I chalk it up to lonely woman and move just pray.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Sep. 27, 2009