Why be rude? Did I come off as offensive?

I asked a question an hour or so ago looking for input on if I was doing the wrong thing by putting my 8 month old on a potty chair.

I wanted honesty and I appreciated the majority of the answers. But to assume that I am lazy and don't want to change diapers is way off the mark.

I asked an honest question. Thanks to those of you who made me realize that maybe it is not such a grand idea after all.

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 12:05 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in About CafeMom

• And you got honest answers, just b/c you post asking this question doesn't change the facts of the replies from your original question.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 12:06 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Oh and I'm not being a troll, and wasn't in your first question.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 12:07 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• What does wanting to potty train early and laziness at not wanting to change diapers have to do with one another?  I say, if it's doable and thats what you want to do, then you should.  I went a bit more slowly and let my children decide when they wanted to go to the bathroom on their chair but thats just more my style and it suits us. 

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 12:08 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• And yet again...another rude answer for you. Nice. Ignore the classless and childish ladies (if that is really what you can classify them as) and don't let them get to you. They are bitter and hateful and unhappy in their own lives so they feel that they need to spread it to others. Let's hope their children don't learn their mother's behavior....YIKES.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Personally I think if you put him/her on the potty chair there is nothing wrong with it. If you don't expect to potty train them right away. My SIL did that and potty training took longer but in the long run they were done a lot sooner. My nephew was potty trained by 16 months. Don't be pushy about it and just let them learn what the potty is for and it will be a more natural transition than having them in diapers for 2 years then all of a sudden wanting them potty trained. JMO. God luck. And by the way people have been rude on CafeMom since I joined. I have realized you have to take the bad with the good and just ignore the @$$holes!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I didn't see your original post. I think you are doing a good thing potty training your 8 month old. Because diapers are expencive. When my DD's where young I started potty training as soon as they were walking. Because diapers were expencive. It will not hurt your child to start pottytraining early.
    How can anyone say you are lazy by potty training your child early because you do not want to change diapers. That's crazy. It is not easy to potty train a child. And there for a good 2 or 3 years making sure they learn how to wipe right and not pee on themselves.

Answer by louise2 at 12:13 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Amen Louise!
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 12:18 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I don't mind diapers and can afford them. Diapers had nothing to do with the original post.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 12:19 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I agree with Katrina. I didn't see your other question, but I started putting my kids on a potty chair as soon as they expressed interest (pretty early even though they ended up being late trainers). If they were interested, I wanted to do whatever I could to make them comfortable with it. Some kids really get a fear of the potty chair. I figured that if they were comfortable it would make toilet training easier. I just didn't anticipate other issues that caused the late training.

Good luck to you.
    Oh, and BTW, in other countries they start putting their babies on the toilet way earlier. I think it's called EC (elimination communication). If you have the time, more power to you.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:32 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• You need an "elimination communication" group; I think there is one on mothering.com
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 12:35 PM on Sep. 27, 2009