Since I have had my DD almost 9 months ago,I have not made a home made meal! What can I make to treat my family?

Well I should say, I made meals but nothing spectacular. The basic chicken breast and steamed veggie type meal.

I work full time, am a student, a mom of my baby girl, and step mom to an autistic lil boy. My plate is full.

I am off work for the week and have some time to actually spend time on a meal. Ideas?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 12:07 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My favorites are things that are comfort foods.  When my husband has had a long week, thats what he wants.  His favorites are cabbage, sausage, and potatoes and cornbread, lol.   That is what I'm craving now, lol.  Steak, a huge salad.  It just depends on what your family likes to eat. 

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 12:16 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I would make comfort foods...chicken and dumplings, lasagna or spaghetti, some kind of veggie beef soup, meat loaf....stuff that makes you feel good when you eat it...

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• A casserole, you can use those ingredients but your making something different too, go to campbells.com for recipes.

MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 12:17 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Make lasagna and garlic toast, it's easy and a one dish meal.
    Or you could make Shepherds Pie, it's so easy , I just have butter bread on the side.
    A big salad is always good, just put some cooked chicken in it with lots of different veggies, and maybe some warmed french bread. If you want any recipes just PM me! Don't feel bad Mom, you're doing a great job!!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:17 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I love throwing meals in the crock pot, super easy, not a lot of clean up and the house even smells good while it cooks! I would make a pot roast, some beef and vegetable soup or maybe even some chili.
    MansfieldMomma

Answer by MansfieldMomma at 12:18 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Try fried steak with peas, carrots(frozen) and rice.

Steak: Marinate steak, Get your pot/frying pan, cut up some onions and tomatoes, spread some oil on the pot/pan, put the chopped onions and tomatoes in pan, fry for a minute with salt, add steak, fry until fluid is running low, add water, cook for about 40 mins until water is completely down.(leave a tiny bit for soup.)

Cook peas and carrots(or any veges) seperately.

Than cook your rice. You could also get some dinner rolls to go along with it.

You family should enjoy that. Have fun.
    2princesnaKing

Answer by 2princesnaKing at 12:23 PM on Sep. 27, 2009