my three month old has really watery eyes and its causing her to get really green "eye boogers" and she has been coughing forever, her nose is really stuffy to, and shes been more fussy than ever before. what do i do?

i've taken her to the doctor and they said if she doesnt have a fever then shes fine but i dont think so

Jennifer2011

Asked by Jennifer2011 at 12:31 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She probably has a blocked tear duct. Rub her eye gently with a damp washcloth down and outward. If it doesn't get better on it's own the doctor will have to insert a probe into her tear duct. It seems really scary but it's painless and it's over fast and the problem is instantly solved. Happened with my son. It is pretty common in babies. Good luck.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 12:36 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• My daughter's eye keep running and I took her to the Dr. and he prescribed her a cream for her eye.
    TieraniMommy

Answer by TieraniMommy at 1:43 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• to unblock a tear duct, massage the spot under the cornewr of the eye that is leaking near the nose. Do this a few times a day.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 2:25 PM on Sep. 27, 2009