How can I get my 3 year old to poop on the potty?

I have a 3 year old son, and I am trying to get him to poop on the potty. He does wonderful with peeing on the potty. He pulls his pull-up up and down all by himself, but he won't poop. I have tried different things to get him to poop. Someone suggested me making him wear the poop diaper, but he didn't care (he's been used to it since he doesn't know how it is to use the potty). I tried making him walk around the house with no diaper so he would have the security of pooping in the diaper, but he just pooped on the floor. I tried taking things away for not pooping on the toilet or offering things to him for pooping. I don't know where to go from here. Any suggestions?

PriincessMommy

Asked by PriincessMommy at 1:35 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• If you get any good suggestions please pass them on to me , I have the same prob with my 3 yr old son
    got2boys

Answer by got2boys at 6:16 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I'm having that problem too with my 3 y/o...He pees in the potty all the time, he is in underwear, except at nite, I put a diaper on him...When he has to poop, he asks me to put a diaper on so he can go poop...I think in time, hopefully soon, he will start pooping on the potty...
    nymomof7

Answer by nymomof7 at 6:34 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• goin through the same thing, but we are just pulling out of it, he would rather where a diaper to poop and I tell him NO. When i can see that hes getting ready to go , (red eyes, and he gets quiet and hides, ) I pick hm up and put hm on the potty, dont let him get off, laugh and make it fun, tell him push!!! My kid gets 3 M&M's if he poo's on the potty, dont LET him wear a diaper becuase its the easy way out.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• yea mine is doing the same, she poops on our bedroom floor lol.

everytie i take her to the potty and go BIG girls go poopie on the potty ! come on you can do it! push! i tell her to make a fart and she pushes..sometimes farts lol. she's only pooped 2x on the potty, when she does i make a big deal of it, she runs around going I DID IT I DID IT.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 4:55 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I had this exact same problem, it was a nightmare!! it's the pull-up's! I took them off of her and put on panties then just watched here you can usually tell when they need to go, that and she would bring me a pull-up and say I want to wear this lol then I sat her on the pot and told her if she would go I would give her gum (she was banned from gum cause she got it in her hair) and she cried a little and then I guess she thought about the gum and she went! has been going ever since, the only time she get's a pull-up is at bed time just incase but most of the time she is dry when she get's up.
    skippy34f

Answer by skippy34f at 8:05 PM on Sep. 28, 2009