swollen lip piercing....

Okay so I just got my lip pierced yesterday. And it was fine all day and when I woke up this morning my lip was huge! So I rinsed with warm sea salt water then made a smoothie tO drink. Any other suggestions?? **i will not take it out so if that's you're suggestion don't answer :)**

Crushersmommy

Asked by Crushersmommy at 1:41 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Some swelling is normal if it doesn't go down by tomorrow or if it becomes painful or pussy then I would head to a doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Oh and DO NOT take it out. Even if you hate it you must wait for it to heal completely because of the area it is in and then let it close up. Otherwise you raise your risk of infection.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• its normal mine was swelled for 3 days after..just keep doing the salt water and maybe use ice here and there
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 1:58 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Okay thank you ladies for you tips. This isn't my first piercing as I got my tongue done when I was 15 but its been a while lol and I won't be taking it out unless I totally have to.
    Crushersmommy

Answer by Crushersmommy at 2:03 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I hope the swelling goes down for you soon. It sounds like everyone else gave great advice.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 2:06 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Thanks! And I think the swelling is starting to go down some
    Crushersmommy

Answer by Crushersmommy at 2:43 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Just keep it clean. If it starts to puss or hurt really bad, and you won't take it out. Just keep it clean. Its going to hurt for a few days. Make sure you move it, not twist it. You could also try to put an ice pack on it to help the swelling. Hope things work out for you.
    Payan04

Answer by Payan04 at 3:14 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Thanks!!!
    Crushersmommy

Answer by Crushersmommy at 4:18 PM on Sep. 27, 2009