What age was your child completely potty trained?

Please specify whether it was a girl or a boy... I am curious to see the difference because I heard girls were a lot easier than boys.

I started trying when my son was around 2 1/2 but 3 is when he was completely potty trained... that was the only way I could get him into daycare.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• My son was fully potty trained at about 27 months. We started at 18 months.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:54 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I started seriously with my oldest daughter when she was 2 1/2. She was fully potty trained at 3 years, 2 months.
    I started with my son a little after he turned 2. He was fully potty trained at 2 1/2 (although he still wets the bed occasionally at 8).
    My middle daughter wasn't fully potty trained until she was 3 years, 8 months and still wets the bed (she'll be 7 in November).
    With my youngest we sort of tried a couple times after she turned 2 but just after she turned 2 1/2 I told her she was a big girl and would use the potty. She agreed and a week later was fully potty trained.
    My son and youngest daughter were easiest to train. My oldest and middle daughters were a pain in the butt (especially the middle one).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:12 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• My DD was 2 1/2 fully day/night trained, ds was 3 for day/night, both were fairly easy, about 2 days for dd and 2 weeks for ds
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 3:30 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Ivy was about 22 months when she completely ditched diapers. She has been using the potty since she was 11 months (a while after she could walk) and we started really working on potty learning in July. It was done by August. I don't think gender means anything. It's all about the individual child, their potty teacher, and the way of teaching. Ivy's always been a fast learner and interested in what I do. I kept it consistent, positive, and interesting.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 4:04 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• less than 2.5 and he was easy!!! only a couple of night time accidents but now we a have a bed time toilet schedule and no drinks an our before
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 4:17 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Girl, 4. She was reading and tying her shoes before she was completely potty trained.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:10 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• my daughter was 3yrs old.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 9:29 PM on Sep. 27, 2009