is this true about onions?

I read somewhere that onions improve the elasticity of skin, is this true? what do onions contain nutriional-wise?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 2:17 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Health

• I've never heard that. but I do know that onions help the body produce more serotonin which is great for people who are depressed!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 2:24 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I tried to google it but came back with lots of maderma results lol. I did find one article that briefly mentioned the purple onion being made into a tea.

Hmmm I'll have to find time to really look around and see if its true, that would be great if it was true :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:28 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• i cant remember where I read this information! I wish I did. i'm pretty sure they linked onions and skin tightening together in the article....
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:32 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Onions

Nutritional Information. 1 medium Raw onion contains: ... Onions are high in energy and water content. They are low in calories, and have a generous amount ...
    plantanswers.tamu.edu/publications/onions/onions.html
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:43 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Nutritional Value of Onions

The Onion Story | The Facts | Recipes | Nutritional Value | Onion Production. Vidalia Onions Nutritional Value of Onions. NUTRIENT VALUES ...
    www.vidaliasfinest.com/about_nutritional.htm
    vbruno