Am I a bad mom for not cooking dinner?

I only know how to make like three things. He is 6 years old and we usually go out to eat... I am not rich but I can afford it. I am single and don't have to take care of an adult man so that helps me have money to spend on food... lol.

I would love to cook but I can never think of anything to make and I am very picky about what I do eat... I only like certain things. Any suggestions would help too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• well what kind of things do you like
    go online and find some recipes you dont have to be a chef to cook
    just find some things that you like and search the recipe and you can always add or subtract from a recipe depending on you and what you like
    mom2kaydence09

Answer by mom2kaydence09 at 2:28 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• read my food blog. it's healthy stuff. i have budget meals and kid friendly meals and even stay-home date night meals.

daniellecooks.wordpress.com
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 2:29 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• bad mom no! But I think your selling both yourself and your child short. Noone starts out knowing how to cook but I guess it's easier for some than others. I love cooking. Grab a cookbook and experiment.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 2:39 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• http://allrecipes.com/ is good, but you CANT be that picky if all you do is eat out as eating out everyone seems to have the same types of food. Cooking isnt hard, just time consuming. Anyone can learn anything that they set their mind to ya know.

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:41 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• You need to learn how to cook. This is a great activity to do with your child. The two of you can start by going to the library, and checking out a couple of children's cookbooks ( my favorite is Pretend Soup). Once you have mastered the basics, then you can move on to more challenging recipes. There is also a great kids cooking website: www.spatulatta.com

Answer by rkoloms at 2:45 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I learned how to cook by watching not by a stupid cookbook.I learned by watching my mother in law and my husband.Everytime someone is cooking and it is differnet by how I cook I ask them questions like can I watch.I am a very visual person.You can show me once and I can figure it out.Everyone is different.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I rarely cook either. So if you're a bad mom, so am I! My daughter eats much healthier than I do, and since I'm a single mom, it makes no sense to cook an entire meal for just one person (my tot).

I love to cook, but my energy level is so bad these days that I just can't do it.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 3:15 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I think it's much healthier to cook. I wouldn't say that you're a bad mom, but you're definitely not providing the healthiest options for your child. I love to cook, so that I KNOW what we're eating. I cook almost everything from scratch. I won't lie, sometimes I use frozen vegetables, but we try to buy everything fresh. It's so much healthier and it really isn't that time consuming if you make simple things.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:44 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• no. of coarse you are not.
    I think as long as your child is eating regular,healthy meals than you have done your part.
    you should cook some though,if not only to teach your lo that its doable plus it may be a fun thing to involve your lo in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:34 PM on Sep. 27, 2009