Is divorce a disease for woman only?

Did I miss something or what? My exhusband left me for another woman, we are getting divorced. But he is the one with all the friends and social life. Everyone has sorta thrown me to the curb. Like they are afraid that only woman carry the divorce bug. Even my own friends don't come around. Have any of you experienced this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• There are alot of reasons for this. He could have got to the friends first with his version of the story, and naturally they believe what they hear first. Some women are afraid of divorced women, for fear they're now man hungry and will steal their guy. Perhaps you're acting very bitter and they don't want to be around you. There are alot of reasons.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:29 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Sounds like the EX to be is telling horrible lies about you. It's not just a woman who gets treated like a pariah when it comes to divorce. You will find many of your friends just dont want to be around all the negative drama that takes place during a divorce. Remember that a divorce ONLY benifits the lawyers and they tend to keep it in court as long as they can to earn as much money as they can.

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:36 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Make new friends. It sounds like they are not worth having anyway

Answer by admckenzie at 4:08 PM on Sep. 27, 2009