Pulled Muscles During Pregnancy!?

Okay, so I'll be 37 weeks in 2 days. I'm miserable. I've pulled a muscle in my side/back. I thought it was a kidney infection. I go to my Midwife and tell her and she informs me that it will only get worse. It has. It hurts to breathe. Has anyone else had this and please name what you did (if you found anything) to help relieve you of it. I've tried every different position to sit and lay and it's not helping. Thats all I know to try. My Midwife didn't have any suggestions.

Katrina3016

Asked by Katrina3016 at 2:37 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You might try getting a massage from a professional, or even accupressure or accupuncture. It's amazing what they can treat with those. I'm sure Tylenol doesn't touch the pain. You can also try gently stretching the area the best you can (I'm sure you're very agile right now!!). Hang in there!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:23 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• my back aches I thought were a pulled muscle and ended up being kidney stones, are you being checked for these types of things?
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 2:55 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Yes, she checked me.  She has assured me that it is nothing more than a pulled muscle but I'm still a bit freaked out.  How am I going to push when I can barely breathe!?

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 2:57 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• You can also try physical therapy
    musicpisces

• Thanks babe!  Thats something I hadn't thought of before!

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 3:26 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• warm bath and stretching may help
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 4:35 PM on Sep. 27, 2009