When you pick your church

When you pick out your church.

Did you pick for yourself?

Or did you pick it for the kids?

Did you pick it because of your hubby?

Did you pick it for the family?

Or did you pick it because it was the closest to your home?

BOOGIETHEBOOG

Asked by BOOGIETHEBOOG at 2:45 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• i've been going to the same church since i was 14, i started going the day my brother got baptized because i liked a boy there lol... but now i still go because i like it and it has alot of good programs for the kids
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:59 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I picked my church because it best fit my entire family. Most of the people there are down to earth and 'real' genuine people. The pastor is energetic and does not put himself above everyone else in the church. We have what we calll connection groups where several groups of women go to meet and discuss issues and get connected to God. The men have their own groups too. I have never been to a church where the youth is so involved. They go on missions trips right along the adults. To places like Hati, Mexico, and skid rowe. They go help the less fortunate whereever they are needed and honestly want to be there to help. We are like a big family unit and that is what i was looking for in a church. It took many years for God to lead us there. But i kept praying about a church and my prayers were answered.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 3:02 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Picking a church is like picking your clothing, your home, yadda yadda. It should meet your expectations based on everyone in your home and should be able to provide what you feel you and your family or want from a church. Some people do not like to mingle with church folks so they pick a church that does services only you only go on Sunday, while others prefer to mingle with others will pick a church that has events and activities offered for both kids and adults. I have been blessed my church offers more than just Sunday services, they are very devoted to activities, events, outings especially for teens to keep teens interested in church, but they also offer camps and more for the adults too, this is a big plus to me. You can't really bond with your church if you really don not know the people your going with, but that is my opinion anyhow.
    TheFriskyKitty

Answer by TheFriskyKitty at 3:03 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Finding a church is no easy task. For me I wanted something pretty close to home...I did not want to spend my time driving more than being at the church! We picked a church that was a good size to us...not a mega church and not something small. We have right about 250 members. There are things for the kids, but we are not a church full of programs and no one to run them, so we do what we can. Our church has small groups which is like Sunday School but we meet at different church members homes during the week, a more intimate setting for growth. We chose the church because we felt welcomed, we loved the worship service, we love the Pastors and they rotate preaching on Sunday mornings, something a little different! The people are extremely nice and grounded...I have not met a "holier than thou" person at my church yet! Choosing a church is very difficult, try to meet everyone's needs and a place where you are comfy! Good Luck!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 4:33 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• God led me there. It was His choice :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:54 PM on Sep. 27, 2009