about giving birth...TMI

so i am super worried! me and dh have been having sex and stuff...well i just seem like super tight! like it really hurts to have sex! almost like the 1st time again! and its almost time for me to deliver and i was wondering with "it" being so tight would i rip or tear? i have not been doing keegals so i dont understand why i would be so tight! is there anything i can do to fix this, or like to "prep" down there for birth?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Things kind of "rearrange" themselves on your body while you're pregnant, including your vaginal walls. However, the tissue there is VERY stretchy, and designed to let a baby go through. Yes, you may tear, but being tight doesn't really up your chances.
    I agree with the PP about the increased blood flow. It makes a big difference. I had the BEST orgasms of my life while I was pregnant!
    While you're pushing, have the doctor/midwife rub mineral oil on your perineum. This will help you stretch, and prevent some tearing.
    In the meantime, enjoy the snug fit! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:21 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Your vagina will stretch babe, lol.  My Midwife said it's the increased blood flow to your vagina that causes it to seem "tighter".   This happens (from what I've found on here) to most of us.  I didn't tear badly with any of mine but everyone is diffrent.  I don't think it means that you are going to tear anymore than you normally would. 

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 2:50 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• my sister used a certain oil and her hubby stretched it for her sounds weird but if ur that worried its worth a try u just massage it and slowly stretch it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• It will stretch, believe me! Typically a tear happens when a doctor/midwife doesn't bother to pay attention to what's going on. At least that's what happened to me. I've heard rubbing that oil on you can help. Good luck!
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:34 PM on Sep. 27, 2009