So i called the on call doc...

An he never freaking called me back i called twice an nothing im so pissed right now! Im having alot of mucus discharge ive been having it now for 2wks but the last 24 hours its been like non stop its a yellowish sometime brownish an sometimes clear color! So i just wanted to make sure everything was ok so thats y i called him! Im callin the main office tomorrow! Anyways do u think this much mucus is normal? Im 40wks 1d

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like you're losing your mucus plug to me. It's normal. You might be gearing up for labor! Yay!

I'd not use that doc again, though.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:52 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Wow.  Having a leak nonstop, that sounds like your water breaking, not your mucus plug.  If you are really concerned a simple test at the hospital can relieve your worries.  They just put a strip of what looks like paper right against your vagina and it changes colors.  It will tell them if your water has broken.  What an asshole Dr.  Erggggggg. 

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 2:53 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• The last few weeks of pregnancy, we're very gooey. I had so much discharge, I thought my water had broken. It doesn't sound like that's the case with you. I think you are right to call the on call doc, and it's a shame he's not calling you back!!
    If it IS your mucus plug, it will be the consistency of snot, and may be in one big chunk, or may be in small pieces.
    If it IS your water, and you have a small leak, it will be more like having lost bladder control. I had that happen to me, and I thought it was urine, until it turned pink!
    I think you'll be fine until tomorrow. I'm guessing that your cervix is softening, and starting to dilate, and the cervix bleeds during this process, so it might be blood that you're seeing. Unless you start having contractions, then I think you'll be okay until tomorrow, but I would insist on being seen tomorrow (if nothing else, for peace of mind).
    Try to relax, mommy! You're in the home stretch!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:16 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Call ANY emergency room and speak to the Register nurse on duty who will be more than happy to answer your questions for FREE. Or call the service back and bitch them out and demand to have another Dr in the office paged as the on call one is IGNORING you.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:20 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Op here so i called l&d they told me i needed to call the on call doc back so i called back an he finally freaking called me back an it sounded like he was pissed of because i had him paged again! He told me that its normal an i should know that because of my previous 2 pregnancies an i got pissed an told him i never made it this far with my other 2 pregnancies so whats happing to my body is something new to me cuz i had my 1st at 37wks an my 2nd at 38wks an never had any of the mucus! Hopfully he is not the doc that delivers my baby there are 6 other docs in that practice so im hoping an praying he does not deliver my son! Ty u ladies for your help!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• um chances are you are in the home strech. Your dr's an ass, cause even if you'd made it to 40 weeks no two pregnancies and/or labors are the same. I'd delay as long as possible, even after contractions b/f going to the hospital and I'd complain about the on-call dr and/or the answering service.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 3:59 PM on Sep. 27, 2009