Have you ladies seen this journal post yet?

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read.php?post_id=1531964&pop_voted=1

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 3:15 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Shaneagle:  Then prove your physical god using the methods of logic and reason in the video.

Did you feel the breeze as the point flew right over your head?

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:00 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Here is a link to the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wV_REEdvxo

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:23 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• What I gather from the video is this. There is no proof that can state affirmatively whether or not there is a god. Furthermore even if there were a god there is no proof that it is the god any of us believe in. It is all a measure of our own faith. Due to the unknowable existence of a god it is more important to treat one another kindly and with gracious attitudes than to try to prove the other person wrong on matters based on faith.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:27 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I call it a nonsense point because the video itself had no real point.... Kina complicated lol
    TheFriskyKitty

Answer by TheFriskyKitty at 3:33 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I thought the point was that the existence of God can neither be proven nor dis-proven it is important that we ought to have respect and treat one another kindly despite our differences of faith. Afterall if you are claiming that your God is the influence of your character do you want to be seen as judgmental and hateful and therefore attribute those same characteristics to your God?
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:36 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I have no objection to people believing in gods. Some people need that support and framework in their lives, some people don't. I only object to the ones who go around telling everyone that they need to believe in the same god concept as they themselves do because that's just incredibly arrogant.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 3:44 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• "There is no proof that can state affirmatively whether or not there is a god. Furthermore even if there were a god there is no proof that it is the god any of us believe in."

Exaaaaaaaaaaaaaactly! You've done it again Kristi :-B

Hence why I remain an agnostic atheist. None of us really really really truly 100000% know, no matter how much we say we do.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:55 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• If you could prove God existance by human means then He would be equal or less than humans. I don't want a God that I can dissect, put under a microscope, etc.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 4:34 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I'd rather just believe and be right, than not believe and be wrong. JMO..I want to know why do people spend countless hours trying to figure out whether or not there is a God or just questioning other's faith, when there is nothing the faithful can do to prove it or convince you of it. Faith is just that, a belief. We may not have proof, but our OPINION is that there is. While all people who "MUST HAVE THE EVIDENCE" will never believe in God, or the existance of any spiritual being, they still are bothered by the fact that we who believe cannot prove it.
    On the other side of the coin, why do some Christians feel that they must convert, or convince non-believers that there IS indeed a God? Really hasn't anyone's parents ever told them to mind your own business, and worry about (insert your name here)? Give it up. Let it be!
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 5:01 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• This video was rather bogus to me. All it was trying to convey was to stop arguing and fighting.
    Which is true , we need to have respect for each other.
    However.... some of the arguments were so wrong in there. God is physical, just because you don't see it with physical eyes does not mean He isnt there! Thats pretty much all I have to say about it right now! :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:41 PM on Sep. 27, 2009