Did I ruin my body forever?

I'm sitting here 34 weeks pregnant looking at my stomach

i can see the top half is where the baby is, then the bottom half of my stomach protrudes 1-2 more inches and is just fat, squishy wiggly fat.

Is this what a "hangy belly" is on some women after they have the baby? or will it just turn into regular stomach fat?

Is there absolutely anything I can do about it now? I can't exactly do crunches, or even walk very far with my joints so loose and painful.

:( Very discouraging looking at that.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 3:34 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Breast feeding helps you lose weight and getting up in the middle of the night to feed and change the baby helps also. Just don't be "lazy" after the baby comes and you should be fine. I lost all of my baby weight and then some. By some I mean my breasts. lol. I went from a nearly B to a nearly A. Oh well.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 3:43 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• more than likely you will have that left whenver the baby arrives..sorry.but situps a healthy diet ans breastfeeding really helped me out. it really took no time to get my belly back.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 3:37 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I started off at 140 lbs with a reasonably good body- stomach had some fluff but nothing overflowing over pants or anything, i'm now nearing 170
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:38 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Sorry you have to wait till the baby is born and after the 6 week check up to start excercising. If you have the will power to make yourself excercise then you will loose the baby fat, if not, you'll get even more. The choice is yours where your body is concerned. Talk to your Dr about post baby excercising and I'm sure they will inform you of what you should or shouldnt do right after the baby is born.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:50 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I'm aware of the waiting period. That was not part of my question. I hope I don't get "lazy" i'm a very stubborn person with a gym membership. I'm just in so much pain I can't really get around to doing much now.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:01 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Get out and walk walk walk. That will bring on labor fater than anything. Sorry your in such pain. but ever women ever preggo for the full term goes through what your going through. In 2 years you WILL look back with fond memories or laugh about this. I promise!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:19 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• if it hurt to walk then dont. no use in putting yourself threw more pain thatn what you need to be in. and after the baby come then if you have the will and the wnat you will find a way. me personall i still have my baby pouch and have had to move up a pant size so i dont have the muffin top going on and my sons almost 1. with my oldest tho my tummy went right back to normal.shes almost 4 now.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 4:40 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I'm totally not trying to induce labor, I have another month to go! Yes, I will miss being pregnant- but i think i will miss the second trimester more than this third one
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:43 PM on Sep. 27, 2009