What are the chances Im pregnant?

I took a test and a faint line showed up, which everywhere says it a positive result. The test said not to drink too much prior to taking since it could make hcg levels not show up. Well, two days later I took another test (the 2nd one from pack) after work and after drinking tons of water that day, and it came up negative. I don't know which one is correct. I have all the signs..no insurance so I cant go get blood done or urine at doctor..any advice would be wonderful!

ramjamnamsmom

Asked by ramjamnamsmom at 3:34 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you should be taking the test with your first morning urine because that contains the highest level of pregnancy hormone. i would def buy another test (or another set of tests) because when the second line shows up, even if its faint, it usually means that its a positive test. good luck! (planned parenthood does pregnancy tests for like 12 bucks if you have the few bucks to spare and want to get a FOR SURE answer)
    SammyJoB

Answer by SammyJoB at 3:45 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Read the instruction on the box of tests. It says for best results to use the pee from the first time when you wake up in the morning. Hope you get the results you wanted.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:47 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• thanks for the answers, i know its first am best, but i was soo uneasy and couldn't stand to wait. i will def buy another and test first thing am..:) keep your fingers crossed for A BFP!
    ramjamnamsmom

Answer by ramjamnamsmom at 3:52 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• oh i hope you are :0)

i would take another one in the a.m. i just took another test b/c i have been spotting and it was lighter than the other day. but that may have been b/c like you have drank water and it was obviously not first morning urine. good luck!
    Brookey

Answer by Brookey at 5:10 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• aww..Fingers crossed momma!
    Acensmommy

Answer by Acensmommy at 12:03 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I had negative results w/ both my kiddos, so it could be wrong. Just take another, it took me about 4 tests. Good Luck.
    dez32

Answer by dez32 at 10:58 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• im starting to think the first test was a false positive and incorrect. i took a first response digital today and it came up negative. not sure. i guess i will just play the waiting game now. i sure hope mine turns out like last answer dez32..i want to be preggo and am soo confused! never had a positive and then negative results..esp with the signs...
    ramjamnamsmom

Answer by ramjamnamsmom at 12:43 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Ahh good luck girl. Are you starting your own football team or something?!? (i kid)
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 3:35 PM on Oct. 2, 2009