sick...need advice

my husband's best friend graciously decided to bring his sick wife to my house the other day and i believe she passed her lovely cold onto me. can i use cough drops and vicks vapor rub? did your doc let you take any meds when u got sick while preg? (i'm 28 weeks, if that makes a difference)....can't get ahold of my OB til tomorrow since it's Sunday and I am just miserable

SammyJoB

Asked by SammyJoB at 3:42 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You CAN reach your OB He has an answering service. OR Call ANY emergency room and speak to the RN on duty who will be happy to answer your questions for free. Hope you feel better soon!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:44 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• i called his office and the guy who does the answering service said that the doctor will get the message in the morning when he gets to the office. wtf!
    SammyJoB

Answer by SammyJoB at 3:51 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• halls fruit breezers you can use.
    you can also call a pharrmisist lol sorry forspelling but they can tell you to. i do know tho you can use those fruit breezers by halls
    countrygirls422

Answer by countrygirls422 at 3:58 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• That is sad you cant talk with your OB. I can reach mine 24/7 if i need to. I believe you can take cold medicine, i just don't want to tell you something that your OB won't permit you to take.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• my doctor ok'd sudafed and robitussin.

but that's MY doctor- other doctors say they are not ok. which is stupid- they should all say the same thing otherwise why are we even bothering.

vicks and halls are also fine.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:04 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• oh and my cousin she took tylenol cold , just dont use anything that says multi symptom
    countrygirls422

Answer by countrygirls422 at 4:07 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• honestly you can pretty much use anything otc for colds. just dont' over due it
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 4:11 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• There are some over the counter meds that are safe to take during pregnancy. Try calling your pharmacist and see if they can tell you what is safe, or hang in there till morning and call the doctor! Hope you feel better soon. Being sick while pregnant is no fun.
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 4:24 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• My docs both said anything w/the tylenol name was safe. BUT... U can always compare ingredients in generics to Tylenol cold & as long as they're the same...
    Feel better soon! :)
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 5:03 PM on Sep. 27, 2009