What do you think???

This may be a little TMI! I am 35 wks & 5 days. Last week I went to the Dr and he said I had a "fingertip" opening to my cervix. My whole pregnancy i've had discharge. Some days much more than others. Once this week I experienced a lot of slimy green mucus. Then a couple of days later I noticied I was wet. I thought I may needed to wear a lightday pad. When I went to check there was about a teaspoon size glob of very very thick white sticky mucus. As I wiped I got about a tablespoon size on the paper. Is this discharge or could it be I am losing my mucus plug?

DBoswell

Asked by DBoswell at 3:53 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes it sounds to me like you may be losing your mucus plug. i didnt start to lose mine till a/b a weel before i went into labor. and it was a gradual thing. but if you are unsure call you dr in the morning.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 4:04 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• You may have lost your mucus plug! This is what it sounds like, just call your doctor and let them know and see if they have any suggestions or advice for you! Good Luck!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 4:09 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Sounds like your mucus plug to me. Call your Dr or his nurse and I'm sure they will give you the low down on what this is. Sounds like true labor is not far off. Best of luck to you.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:12 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Seeing the mucous plug means little or nothing... It can come out weeks or even months before labor. It can come out in pieces, whole, regenerate... What is more concerning is the vaginal exam. What is the reason for that?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:11 PM on Sep. 27, 2009