why do i keep having so many false alarms is it ever going to be real??

I keep getting my hopes up when ever i lay down at night sometimes and start having symptoms of labor and REAL contractions that are regular.... my Doctor said it wont be long AT ALL now because baby has dropped quite a bit and i lost my mucus plug already and last time she checked i was 2 cm dilated so who know now... but last night i was having strong contractions and horrible hip/back/and thigh pressure... i could feel the baby pressing really hard "down there" and i thought FOR sure that it was going to progress into active labor this time but it didnt.. now im just haveing small contractions 10-15 minutes apart.. why does it always stop itself? why doesnt it ever progress??? its just getting so frustrating! im trying not to "jump the gun" but last night really had me going the pains seemed so real and the contractions were so strong with a pattern and then it all just stopped

armymum1013

Asked by armymum1013 at 4:01 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• That stinks.

It will happen soon, good luck.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:03 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I know its frustrating
    LOL just rememeber braxton hicks hurt lik ehell too sometimes.
    If you get them lay on your right side and drink some cold water if they dont stop after an hour then most likely it is a better chance it is real
    good luck and congrats!!
    countrygirls422

Answer by countrygirls422 at 4:05 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• They need to be 3-5 minutes apart for at least an hour! I know that seems extreme since you have been having contractions on and off. Be patient and it will all happen so fast you will probably wonder how it flew by so fast. Take this time that you have left and rest or get any last minute things ready! It will all happen when baby is ready to come! Good Luck.
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 4:07 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Your in the same boat as ANY woman who's been that preggo. In 2 years you will look back on this and laugh I promise. It only feels like forever right now.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:09 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• ive had contractions 3 minutes apart before that were REALLY strong and a minute long even after laying down on my left and right side drinking water but they didnt hurt or get stronger so i decided to wait and that went on for a good 3 hours then stopped :-/ that was ANOTHER episode ive had this week that was a big disappointment! same thing last night i layed down with water for an hour to make sure they werent false and they got stronger and made my back hurt like hell and gave me cramps even worse everytime they came around that went down into my inner thighs so i thought fer sure it was real but nope! it stopped... man this is soo ridiculous!
    armymum1013

Answer by armymum1013 at 4:11 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• this happends some times. this happen to me the last time i would ahve contractions and then thye woudl stop.so finally i said im done with this. i walked around and did the squat thing and the sex thing walking up hills for two days and then went into labor (after fighting w/ my upstiars neighbores but whatev) it will happen eventually. and you will know. they will be kinda close together and veyr strong. you cant be pregnant forever ya know.call you dr and ask if its ok to try and start your own labor and ask for advice.BTW sex always worked for me..
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 4:13 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• yah she told me at my appointment to walk alot so ive been walking 1-2 miles a day (some days ill take a break so my body can rest though) and me and my hubby have tried sex too that doesnt work either :-/ i know it sounds so hopeless huh? LOL...
    armymum1013

Answer by armymum1013 at 4:22 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Believe it or not, they are doing something. They're slowly getting your body ready to give birth. I had that for about 5 weeks, way too often the last 2 weeks, and my daughter didn't come until 9 days late. Try sitting in a nice warm bath. A hot tub with the heat turned down a bit is even better, but most of us don't have one of those. And the ones at the pool are too hot for the baby. That should help with the discomfort. And don't worry, your baby will come eventually. But I know how aggravating it is.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 4:25 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I so feel your pain!! I am almost 38 weeks. I'm miserable and uncomfortable. I have had dreams of going into labor every night for the last week and have contractions on and off almost every day. It seems like every time I think I *might* be in labor...it stops. But this is my 3rd child and I know in a couple weeks no matter what, this baby will be born. Just hang in there...you don't have as far to go as you may think :-)

abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 4:40 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• This is consistent with when you go to bed~ at the end of the day?

(It is really unfair of your doctor to say that to you. It could be quite a while, or not long... no way to know, regardless of what your cervix says presently. I urge you to decline future vaginal exams because it's giving you information that you can't use & are frustrated with. Obviously your body works, give it time and it will continue & finish it's job.)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:56 PM on Sep. 27, 2009