What do I do about little black worms in the bucket of underwear?

My son had 2 poop accidents in one day, so I rinsed the underwear and put them in a bucket of cold water to soak. I forgot about them...which is most certainly MY fault...but anyway...today I went to rinse them out and put them in with the laundry to wash and the underwear were covered in little black worms. I don't know if they are there because of the water...or if I should be worried that they are from my son's poop. I have tried searching (and have found NOTHING that is helpful) and am waiting for a return phone call, but in the mean time I was wondering if anyone knew anything about them? What they are, whether they are water or poop related, etc.

ProudSingleMum

Asked by ProudSingleMum at 4:18 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Health

• my guess would be water especially if you havent noticed them in your sons most recent bowl movements
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 4:22 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• try bleaching them or thrw them away.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 4:28 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I'de be looking through his bowel movements for signs of worms. yes I know GROSS as all get out but if the baby has worms the Dr will want you to look through it as well or bring in a sample for the lab to look at.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:28 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Worms happen~! OMG My naturopath said something like like 75% of us have parasites, worms, or what have you and don't even know it~! Clove tea is supposed to help rid the intestines of those things...ewww!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Dr Oz talked about worms in poop not long ago. It's part of nature. Don't get stressed, just put the worms in a baggie and take it to the dr.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:30 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• wow this is gross lol.. but yeah I would bag it up and call the dr also. By the way Im def not calling your son gross haha but things like that do happen so I would call the dr to be safe.
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 5:36 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• If the bucket was left outside or in the basement (which you didn't specify) they may not be worms at all, but larva... If I saw them I could tell you. I would suggest you get a plastic container and catch them, take them to the doctor and let them see them. If they are simply larva from insects they will tell you and no harm done, but if they are from your son they will be able to give you something to kill them... As for the underware themselves - just wash them as normal. The washer will get rid of anything left on them.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:20 PM on Sep. 27, 2009