IDK what to do fofr my 5 month old

I have been to the dr for her they have her on an antibiotic and decongestiant but she is still spitting up alot of mucus and coughs quite a bit and I told them about that but they didnt say what to do about it.
She just now spit up about 3 ozs of mucus mix with formula after coughing and choking for about 5 mins .
I just dont knwo what to do . I know she is to young for over the counter but ugh Im lost.
I am being treated for bronchitous (SP?) and they said she didnt have that . But Im worried .
Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• put aphone book under her mattress to elevate. hot steam from the showers will break it up as well camomile tea is soothing no sugar wait till cool.. good luck, sick babies r no fun, butdon;t giveher any cough medician,,, tooooo young
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 4:24 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I only am giving her what the dr gave us
    She hasnt been laying down when she spit up she did it sitting on my lap .
    She has been sleeping in her swing so that she is not flat at night.
    I didnt know I could give her tea is the cellestial seasonings sleepytime chamomile tea ok ?
    It is all I have.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• maybe the ER?
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 4:32 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• be careful with that my daughter had the same thing and they tried to pass it off as a cold and she had pneumonia
    alaina_20

Answer by alaina_20 at 6:17 PM on Sep. 27, 2009