I need food ideas for a church meeting...

I am bringing food to my next ladies group at church, and I am stumped. I need some dinner ideas for 10-12 people. Anything in the crock pot would be great cause I could keep it warm. But I guess I could use the pot to keep anything warm, really.

Anyway, I was thinking I would bring a main dish, a side dish, and a dessert. I will probably buy the dessert though.

Any ideas welcome (except for fish). Thanks!

ave.maria.

Asked by ave.maria. at 4:28 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Chili beans always worked out for us, and then you can make some corn bread muffins.. hope you all have fun!
    Mommy2seven

Answer by Mommy2seven at 5:16 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• anything with rice is good.rice is cheap easy and feeds alot. maybe try like tenderloin tips with gravy over rice with corn and bread. this sounds yummy. and if rice isnt your thing do the same with noodles. get some yoke noodles and pour the tips and gravy over them
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 4:31 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Get some sweet and sour sauce/Crushed Pineapple/cubed Green pepper and a big bag of meatballs, toss in the crockpot. Stream some rice... Pour Meatballs and sauce over rice... Serve with Hawaiian rolls...
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 4:55 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Yum, everything sounds good....thanks ladies!
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 5:43 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I have taken jalopeno cheese rice to a church function, work (when I was working) and to family gatherings and it is always a hit. And you can adjust the amount of jalopeno to taste.

If interested just let me know and I'll shoot ya over the recipe.
    mommyagainat35

Answer by mommyagainat35 at 6:53 PM on Sep. 27, 2009