I planned teh party by myself and he wants to go play with his friends

So I threw my sons 1st birthday party today and I worked extremely hard on it especially since we had to cancel it once because my son had pnuemonia. So today in the MIDDLE of teh party my husbands asks me if its cool with me if he goes and plays magic (a card game) with his friends after the party, never mind that sundays are our ONLY days to be together, or that I worked my ass of putting the party together and wouldnt mind a little help afterwards cleaning up and getting the baby down for a nap. Our relationship has been on teh rocks for a while now and I am just really hurt that he doesnt care how hard I work all he wants to do is go play a freakin retarded card game with his friends. I'm devastated and he wont talk to me

katiekruschke

Asked by katiekruschke at 4:28 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• u worked your ass off for a birthday party for a 1 year old that won't even remember it? why? he probably thinks you're nuts for doing it & that his family time with u was the stupid party. now he wants to go be with grown ups. u chose the party. u could have had the day with him and made it a great day but u wanted the party. u got what u wanted so don't whine now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• wow some people are mean....
    one of course you wanted it to be a great birthdya its his first one. REGARDLESS of wether or not he will remember it.theres always pictures.
    but yes maybe he does want some adult time with the guys.
    let him do his thing and talk to him when he gets home. maybe there is some underlining issue, have you thought about couples therapy?
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 4:46 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I agree some people are mean, maybe they are jealous that they didnt get to have a big birthday for their childs first who knows... thats my excuse for everything when someone is mean.. jealousy. And go figure they answered anon. Anyways.. I would be upset also that the hubby isnt helping with the cleanup etc. I get upset too when my husband wants to do other things than family things on weekends. But this is his only day to go do other things as well. When he gets back I would try to tell him how you feel and try not to overreact because that will only cause more tension. Be glad that you had him there for the party and try to work things out when he gets home. There is also a great book out right now for troubled relationships.. its called Love Dare and its helped me and my husband out a lot.. you should take a look at it. Best of luck
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 5:20 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• my husband doesnt work on mondays he gets all day mondays to do whatever the fuck he wants to literally sundays are the ONLY days we get together during the week but i guess thats not important to him and his friends were AT the party!
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 5:27 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• ooh.. i would be even more mad then. Things like this though no one else can really help you with.. you just need to really talk with him about it. Im sorry :(
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 5:38 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• love dare is a joke tried it 3 times... not a damn thing changed even bought the dvd
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 5:46 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Good Lord, that one person is way rude. GOOD FOR YOU, who cares if they wont remember it, YOU will, and the baby will have pictures to look back on and I think you did an great job! Theres no reason NOT to have a b-day party for a 1 yr old, ...see how they are anonymous...lol...You man is an jerk, your an awesome mom and "magic" s FOR DORKS!!!!!! smile...
    just1forme

Answer by just1forme at 6:41 PM on Sep. 27, 2009