Burping a baby?

I have a niece who gave birth on Sept.19,2009 to her 1st child. She has not burped him yet .She says she doesn't have to or need to as as he as she put he's burpping on his own 2 or 3 burps during feeding.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If he is burping on his own then I don't see the problem.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 4:34 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• well it all depnds i mean if its a bottle feed baby it needs to be burped more than a breastfed baby. try and tell her nicly that even tho he/she is burping during feeding its a good idea to try afterwards to make sure.if not they can get gassey and thats no fun at all. my son was breastfed for a while and didnt burp much afdter feeding but would have terrible gas at night.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 4:35 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• As long as the baby isn't screaming in pain or getting an air bubble and vomiting up the whole meal, I don't see a problem. My breast-fed babies were impossible to burp, but didn't end up with gas or tummy aches, so I guess it was fine. I used to get stressed out over it. lol
    Let her be the mom. She knows her baby best.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:59 PM on Sep. 27, 2009